Wednesday 1 July 2020

LPT: when your child tells you anything about a friend of opposite sex don't make jokes about them beeing together

When i was young my parents used to make a lot of jokes regarding my friend (which eventually led me to stop meeting with her not to give my parents an opportunity to joke about) . It made me really insecure about talking with them about girls. Even when i was already an adult there was a period when i didn't feel safe to talk with them about my relationships. When your child tells you about some friend of opposite sex don't assume anything. I hope my parents wanted to talk about my relationships as I was young instead of assuming and forcing jokes about it (Even on family gatherings, which was the worst).

submitted by /u/Strike2311 to r/LifeProTips
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment