Tuesday 7 July 2020

It's so fucked up that talking to kids is now taboo

This is something I seriously want people's opinions on. I saw a post of Leo DiCaprio taking a selfie with a young fangirl (looked like 12yo or something) at the US Open and just sitting there chatting to her. The first comment I see is "Idk this makes me uncomfortable"

I can't tell you how much it pissed me off. Someone in my eyes doing something so fucking cool as giving a fan the time of day and chatting to them can INSTANTLY be associated with pedophilia. It makes me sick. And then we call out celebrities when they don't want to take a selfie with us?

I love kids. I love listening to them, I love escaping reality with them, I love teaching them, I love watching them grow. How does someone see that and think "Well then you must love having sex with them too"

How fucking disturbed are you as a person for your mind to take that route? In this picture Leo isn't touching the girl, he's not sniffing the girl or doing some other creepy ass shit. How is talking to a young person instantly associated with pedophilia?

We desperately need to change this attitude, because the people protecting and making young kids feel comfortable are being shamed and wrongfully accused of pedophilia.

By all means, at all times be wary. But don't just jump to pedophilia. That is fucked up and we need to change that mindset.

submitted by /u/fuckenshreddit to r/unpopularopinion
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment