Sunday 20 September 2020

TIFU by sending my dad the wrong text

TIFU by sending a mortifying text to me dad

To preface, this happened yesterday and I’m still processing and trying to come to terms with the fact that this is what I have to live with moving forward with my life.

I had a stressful week with school, work, running errands, arranging pet sitting while I’ll be gone, numerous other unnecessary stressors, change of plans, and packing for my week long trip to VA. Yesterday in particular was super stressful, I came home from an overnight stay at a new sexual partner’s place, Nick. I was texting Nick, my best friend, my sister in law, my step mom, and my dad all at the same time.

You can probably already guess what happened...

I was texting Nick, we were reflecting on the night before and my dad suddenly texted wishing my sister and I a safe trip and all that good stuff. I finished my text to Nick and was replying to my best friend who I had already been texting prior to my dad. While I was texting my best friend, I received a question mark reaction (iPhone) text from my dad, which left me confused for a split second because I haven’t responded to him yet. Low and behold, of course I sent the inappropriate text to me dad instead of to Nick!!!!!!!

FML!!!!!! I am mortified to say the least! My soul left my body. I screamed my lungs out for the next 10 minutes, trying to decide if this is the sign to jump off the bridge.

Sorry dad, you don’t deserve more gray hairs.

Screenshots of the text

You’re welcome to cringe with me and laugh at me.

TL;DR sent my dad an inappropriate text that was supposed to be for my partner.

UPDATE. This blew up way more than expected. I hope you all had a great laugh at my mega cringe moment. Yes, I’m OK. Thank you to all that reached out and were concerned for my safety. I will get tested as soon as I get back home from my trip and yes I will end the relationship.

submitted by /u/wndrlnds to r/tifu
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment