Tuesday 25 August 2020

When people generalize about white people, I’m supposed to “know it doesn’t pertain to me.” When people generalize about men, I’m supposed to “know it doesn’t pertain to me.”

“All men are trash.” “White people have no culture.”

There are endless example. I don’t think I need to give any more.

So when people make a post stereotyping your race for not tipping well, I guess if it doesn’t apply to you, you have no right to be upset.

Edit: I’m not saying that this is how things should be. Just pointing out a double standard.

Edit2: This post was in no way directed at or made to criticize /u/91giri. I went as far as messaging her directly and offering to take it down. She messaged me back saying she was okay with it so I will leave it up for now. If anyone uses my words to try to justify or condone racism of any kind I will take it down in a heartbeat.

submitted by /u/truedoe_ to r/TrueOffMyChest
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment